Ballandean Estate Nebbiolo 2014 - QWine Reviews

Home Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Ballandean Estate Nebbiolo 2014

I popped in to the Ballandean Estate cellar door a couple of weeks ago to see Leeanne Gangemi who is always vivacious and welcoming. She threw me a bottle of this Nebbiolo which has made a come back into the range. When I said, "It's only a 2014!" I was met with the reply, "We've Australianised it." And that sums it up perfectly.

Fruit forward yet it retains varietal characters. Freeze dried raspberry, fruit compote, bark and twiggy. Some clove but it's not completely there. Chalky/powdery tannin finishes dry. There's a moreish appeal to it I've got to say.

Cellar for the medium term.

Very good.

Region: Granite Belt
RRP: $35
Source: Sample

www.ballandeanestate.com

Follow me: Twitter Qwine Instagram _Qwine