Golden Grove Estate Semillon 2009 - QWine Reviews

Home Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Golden Grove Estate Semillon 2009

An aged release from Golden Grove here. The Granite Belt isn't a great region for Semillon, and whilst this is a good wine, it didn't make me jump out of my seat.

Buttered toast, honey enters the fray as does some kerosene type aromas. All the usual aged Semillon characters tick the boxes.

It came across more developed than its five years. Acid is soft. Slight lemon rind and lemon butter roll through to a long finish.

Whilst there is a fair depth and palate weight, it just doesn't have the refinement you'd expect for a five year old Semillon. Perhaps a few more years will assist here but I suspect it won't develop too much more. It will certainly live for up to another ten years.

It's a good wine and surprisingly cheap for an aged release but not one I could have more than a glass of.

Good but I prefer others.

Region: Granite Belt
RRP: $20
Source: Sample

www.goldengroveestate.com.au

Follow me @Qwine