d'Arenberg Darry's Original Shiraz Grenache 2012 - QWine Reviews

Home Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

d'Arenberg Darry's Original Shiraz Grenache 2012

I've been really liking these new d'Arenberg releases and this has to be my fav thus far. I'm yet to taste the High Trellis Cabernet so things could still change.

A mouthful of deliciousness, food matches of paella, pizza and salami spring to mind. To be able to find it around the traps for $15 is a crazy deal and one worth taking advantage of.

Foot trodden and basket pressed as are all d'Arenberg Reds, this 50/50 blend spent 12-21 months in old French and American oak. Think leather, chocolate, blue fruits, and plums. It's generous and soft with a spice kick. Fruit, oak and acid are all in balance. Medium bodied, the fruit sings here.

I reckon I could sink a bottle real easy.

Very good.

Region: McLaren Vale
RRP: $18
Source: Sample

Follow me @Qwine