Water Wheel Baringhup 5 Rounds Shiraz 2013 - QWine Reviews

Home Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Water Wheel Baringhup 5 Rounds Shiraz 2013

I remember getting very excited about the 2012 vintage. A beauty! The same excitement hasn't carried over to this 2013 sadly. I still think the label is great - as is the story that goes with it.

This wine punches out buckets of black fruit, earth and savoury herb characters. But it just tastes too warm and too ripe.

Although is softened after being open for three days (!!), I did find it hard to approach. And it carries a whopping 15.5% alcohol! I'm guessing the 1.5% allowance was used to the full here. More alcohol compared to last year (14.8%) and the price has increased too (from $20).

I'd have the 2012 any day of the week.

Region: Bendigo
RRP: $23
Source: Sample

www.waterwheelwine.com

Follow me @Qwine