Giallo 2013 - QWine Reviews

Home Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Giallo 2013

This is the fourth release of this unique skin contact Sauvignon Blanc. Made by Tom Shobbrook, some of the detail surrounding the wine is hard to locate, such as price.

Skin contact isn't my thing. I've given it a go a few times and just can't seem to find something that appeals all that much. This is different. It smells good. It tastes good. I like it!

Pineapple husk, canned peach syrup, peach skin and apricots. There's a bit of weight too and it carries a phenolic texture. It's quite an interesting piece and something I didn't want to over analyse. It's quite enjoyable and that's primarily what it was made for. Food will help it sing more, perhaps something like barbecued octopus. I reckon it could also cut through the fat of duck as a left field option.

Anyway, back to another glass.

Very good but not a style everyone would enjoy.

Region: Adelaide Hills
RRP: $??
Source: Sample

www.shobbrookwines.com.au

Follow me @Qwine