Taylor's St Andrews Clare Valley Riesling 2012 - QWine Reviews

Home Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Taylor's St Andrews Clare Valley Riesling 2012

A friend popped over with this and to help fend off a steamy afternoon, we ripped in.

The vines for this wine were planted in 1892 and all fruit comes from a single vineyard.

It came across more aged than it should have I thought. Those characteristics synonymous with aged Riesling were starting to poke through. Being a 2012, I would have hoped there would still be plenty of freshness retained.

Steely and slatey with some rivers stone minerality, lemon pith is held in line by some honey notes. The acid has softened up but there is still the bones of some tightness there before moving to a long lasting finish.

I enjoyed a couple of glasses but doubt I'd purchase one myself.

Good.

Region: Clare Valley
RRP: $35
Source: Gift

Follow me @Qwine