Holm Oak Vineyards Riesling 2012 - QWine Reviews

Home Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Holm Oak Vineyards Riesling 2012

I was gifted this by good mate and passionate Taswegian Tony Peters. He's always quick to set the record straight and tell me and everyone else how good Tassie wines are. So from time to time we do a wine swap and this turned up a little while ago. As he says, he will only send the good stuff, and he is yet to let me down. This Riesling is very smart indeed.

From the Tamar Valley, this is bone dry. White flowers, green apples and lime aromas all shift to a minerally palate. The minerality is not too dissimilar to the Polish Hill River Rieslings to make a comparison.

Tightly structured, you get the sense it wants to sit curled up in a ball for a little while yet. Having said that, I certainly enjoyed it with some cooked seafood.

Winner winner. Very good.

Region: Tamar Valley, Tasmania
RRP: $25 (?)
Source: Gift

www.holmoakvineyards.com.au

Follow me @Qwine